Friday, January 1, 2010

Ramble


Stephen.
Stephen.
Stephen...
That's all I hear at the moment.
I was going to write about something else more important to me, but there is an unstoppable voice that goes about 100 mph about this particular guy (aka my sister).
He means almost nothing to me, and yet he means almost everything to someone else.
Intriguing.

Love.
This is the only word in the English language used to express a huge range of admiration for things from cheeseburgers to an intimate relationship with one's soul mate.
It always amazes me how loosely this word is used, but I suppose that it is unavoidable since my culture only has one word to express these things.
It is extremely vexing!
I want to express my feelings for my boyfriend without using the deep "I love you," but there is no way besides saying "I really like you" or "you mean a lot to me" (which is a little better than 'like').
I wish there was a word for that gap between like and love.
To me, being in love with a guy is not comparable to my like of his friendship, and I want the word to have meaning when I finally do feel that way.

End of ramble 1.

photo
[View of Sunset from UNCW Campus]





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always tickled when you leave me a comment or two :)

Estoy aprendiendo Español, pero no soy perfecta! Por favor, me corrija cuando se ve unos errores :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...