Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pan y Palta (Bread and Avocado)


Ever since I can remember, I have always loved avocados. So when I went to Chile and found out that avocado (la palta) is a staple in their diet, of course I was overly excited!



In Chile, "once" (pronounced: awhn.sé) is dinner and it typically consists of bread, an avocado spread, and tea. "Once" is a small meal because lunch is usually the largest meal of the day and it is eaten around 3.

Although Pan y Palta is usually eaten at "once," the beauty of it is that it can be eaten at any time of the day! I frequently eat it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.


The ingredients for Pan y Palta is exactly that; bread, avocado, and maybe a little bit of salt. It is best served alongside a cup of hot tea.


Step 1:
Cut open the avocado, take out the seed, dig out the green part using a spoon, and mash it in a little bowl using a fork.

Step 2:
Spread the mashed avocado on the bread. Salt to taste.



Step 3:
Enjoy!

I'm not ashamed of my over-excitement and neither should you!



Listening to:


Que te vaya bien!

1 comment:

I'm always tickled when you leave me a comment or two :)

Estoy aprendiendo Español, pero no soy perfecta! Por favor, me corrija cuando se ve unos errores :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...