Wednesday, October 5, 2011

To Judge or Not to Judge? (Yes, that is the question)

      Sometimes I have a problem with judging people before I get to know them.  In every case I have been wrong in some way and yet I still tend to do it. I think that it's just human nature, but it's not something that God wants me to do.  Some of the best people that I know I judged wrongly in the beginning.  Honestly, I have found that if I just ignore my judgements then my life is a lot more full of love as well as adventure because I get to know people who I would have originally written off.

      It is also important not to judge because with "the judgement you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you" Matthew 7:1 (Jesus' own words).  Wow, so if I judge someone harshly then I will be judged harshly as well? I have never liked to be judged, so what makes me think that it's ok to judge someone else?

      I want to encourage you to see people for what they are not for what they are not. If that means taking a few extra minutes to ask questions with an open mind and become friends, then do it! What if God put you into their life for a specific reason and you fail see them as God sees them? That is a very sad thought to me, so I will be striving to love everyone I meet and share God and joy as often as possible.  I challenge you to do the same!


2 comments:

  1. Prejudices are not good because we can prevent people learn more deeply splendid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so true. If we lift people up instead of bringing them down then they will be encouraged to live a full life!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always tickled when you leave me a comment or two :)

Estoy aprendiendo Español, pero no soy perfecta! Por favor, me corrija cuando se ve unos errores :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...