Thursday, January 12, 2012

Mushroom and Spinach Pasta with a Lovely Salad

Simple, quick, absolutely amazing!


Today I had a serious hankering for some mushrooms. Well, that's nothing new for me, I'm actually always a mushroom fanatic (especially now that I'm vegan, they are the perfect food!).  
So as a ravenously hungry Lydia came home from class today, you know that it was time to break out the heavy machinery.

This included pots, pans, cutting boards, knives, and...

Ta-da! The handy-dandy-brand new-thank you mommy-food processor! WOO! My life is now 10x easier :)

Anyways, I cut up my mushrooms and threw them into the pan with some olive oil, a little bit of onions, a huge handful of spinach, and spices such as salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and chili powder.

NOM.

While that was cooking on medium-low heat, I cut up my carrots, radishes, and tomatoes for the salad. The cilantro looked so lonely in the fridge and it smelled too lovely to leave it out so I threw some into the above mentioned food processor to add to my salad.
After I mixed it all together I squeezed some lemon juice over the yummy masterpiece, sprinkled it with salt and pepper, and drizzled it with Olive Oil Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing.


The mushroom-loveliness was done and I set the pasta to a boil on the stove.

Can I say it again? NOM!!

As the pasta cooked, I heated up the pasta sauce and threw the mushrooms and spinach into it. 
As a vegan, I have to be careful about everything that I buy. Some pasta is not vegan and neither is all pasta sauce. I have definitely learned to read the labels!!



Despite the absolute deliciousness of the meal, I could not even finish all of the pasta (probably because I snacked on tortilla chips and fresh salsa while I was cooking...)

I know that this is extremely easy and has been done before, but I just had to post it because it made my day!


Listening to:

3 comments:

  1. Yum! And beautiful photographs showing how you made such delightful goodies to eat! I, too, love mushrooms. Soo good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should make your own pasta sauce! Its super easy! ;)) yum yum you've made me hungry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oo I definitely want to make my own pasta sauce! I bet it's tastier and cheaper :) :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm always tickled when you leave me a comment or two :)

Estoy aprendiendo Español, pero no soy perfecta! Por favor, me corrija cuando se ve unos errores :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...