Monday, October 10, 2011

Trust

Trust is a scary thing sometimes.  
I trust people a lot, maybe a little too much, but so far I have been ok.  It can be scary to know that they could easily hurt me, but without trust then there is no relationship. 

In the same way, if you do not trust God then it is impossible to have a relationship with Him.  He desperately wants to have a deep relationship and I simply have to trust that He knows better than I do what to do with my life.  I have found out the hard way that when I do not trust Him with my circumstances I end up messing things up pretty quickly.  He tells me that "the steps of man are established by the Lord when he delights in His way; though he fall, he shall not be cast headlong, for the Lord upholds his hand" --Psalm 37:23-24.
No matter what, God will always be there holding my hand.  The fall is inevitable, but God will keep me from being "cast headlong."

He knows what will happen in your, He has complete control, so there is no point in trying to control your own life or trying to predict what will happen in the future.  I know that it is hard to give up control, but when you "commit your way to the Lord... He will bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your justice as the noonday" --Psalm 37:5-6.
That means that just as you know the light will come and noon will come, in the same way He will bring righteousness and justice to your life. 

The beauty of this is that all you have to do is sit and enjoy His everlasting love!  Trusting Him with everything means that He will "supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus" --Philippians 4:19.  It is important to understand that we are nothing without God and that everything comes straight from Him, including trust and faith.

I challenge you to trust God with every little thing in your life, I am challenging myself as well.  He loves you so much that He will give you more than you ever asked for!  Also, He will not relent until your heart is His so you might as well just save yourself the trouble and give it up now :) It is actually a beautiful process.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always tickled when you leave me a comment or two :)

Estoy aprendiendo Español, pero no soy perfecta! Por favor, me corrija cuando se ve unos errores :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...