Friday, August 10, 2012

The Girl and Her Book

Ahlan!!! Hola!!! Hello!!! 

I have to cover all of my greetings because it's been far too long. The reason I haven't posted in six months is because I have been doing way too much (which I believe is a good sign).  When I am silent online it means that I am spending all of my time in real life.  I really do love my blog though and it saddens me to realize I haven't posted since February.

I now have a month of absolute FREE time during which I will be updating with all of the new crafts and photos that I should have been posting over the past few months. 


This post is for another watercolor journal.  I have already posted the instructions in a former DIY so please look here for the steps.

My sister is an avid writer and the other day it was her birthday.  For the past few years it has been my tradition to give her a new journal.  She is an eclectic person and deserves the most unique journals.  This year I decided to make one for her (and there DEFINITELY is not another one out there like it).


The front, in Arabic, says "Al-bint wa kitaab ha" which translates to "The girl and her book." 


I used watercolors to paint the designs. Then I used mod podge to glue scraps of tissue paper over the words.


The spine reads "min kull qalbii" which means "with all my heart."

Shukran (thank you) for staying with me all of this time! I hope that you make a journal of your own and let me know how it turns out.

I'm currently getting pumped by Don Omar with his song "Hasta que Salga el Sol." You should give it a listen, it will definitely brighten your day :)

Que te vaya bien!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always tickled when you leave me a comment or two :)

Estoy aprendiendo Español, pero no soy perfecta! Por favor, me corrija cuando se ve unos errores :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...