Saturday, July 23, 2011

Ikea Lamp Hack DIY



      If you are like me, then you LOVE photography.  About a year or so ago I bought a manual camera and learned all about aperture, lenses, shutter speed, etc.  During this time, I took a lot of photos (most of them are not so praise worthy) and so I also ended up with a ton of photo negatives.  I found this idea at Poopscape (love the name) and I just HAD to make it for myself.  It is an Ikea Grono lamp covered in photo negatives!  A must for every true photographer.  You can either follow the tutorial here or there, because I am going to post one as well.

See the DIY after the jump!
~*~*~*~
Very el DIY despues del conexión que viene!






What I'm Listening to and you should too:




Materials:



  • Ikea Grono lamp (about $8) / Una lámpara Grono de Ikea
  • Photo negatives / Foto negativos
  • Scissors / Unas tijeras
  • Mod Podge
  • Foam brush / Un pincel de espuma
  • Rubber Bands (optional) / Bandas elasticas (opcional)

Step 1:
 
      Measure the photo negatives against the side of the lamp (I decided to arrange mine horizontally).  Then cut to size.  Measure the cut piece against the other negatives and cut them as well.  This size lamp (small) took 6 photo negatives when lined up horizontally.
~*~*~*~
      Se mide los fotos negativos sobre un lado de la lámpara. Se corta al tamaño correcto.  Se mide el pedazo contra a los otros y se córtalos tambien.  Éste tamaño lámpara (pequeño) hace 6 fotos negatives cuanda ponen horizontalmente.






Step 2:

      Using the sponge brush, paint a layer of mod podge on the side and begin to lay the negatives down.  They stick pretty well on their own, but smooth them down with your fingers to ensure a firm stick.
Repeat for each side.
~*~*~*~
      Se usa el pincel de espuma para poner una capa de mod podge al lado y despues se sujetar los fotos negativos al lado.  Usualmente, ellos pegan bueno pero se alísalos con los dedos para asegurar que ellos sujeten muy bien.
Se repite con los otros lados.






Step 3:

      Put a few layers of mod podge over top of the negatives.  If they pop up on the sides, place rubber bands around the lamp to help the negatives lie flat until they are dry.
~*~*~*~
      Se pone unas capas de mod podge sobre los fotos negativos.  Si ellos no sujetarían en las esquinas, se ponga las bandas de gomas alrededor de la lámpara para ayudar los fotos negativos secan llano.


With rubber band


Step 4:

      Let it dry, attach the hardware, and you're done! Now you have an awesome new lamp :)
~*~*~*~
      Se deja que seca, se sujeta el hardware de la lámpara, y se termina!  Ahora se tiene una lámpara increíble!  :)






Pin It



Que te vaya bien!

I'm Linking up to:

Tip Junkie handmade projects


7 comments:

  1. What a terrific project! I'm going to have to dig through my old negatives to see if I have any worthy of such a fun lamp. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! It looks really good, and was such a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool! I'm glad you finally did it. I still never figured out what to do with mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Rachel! You could cover yours in handmade paper or something, that's what I'm going to do with my other one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Joyful for stopping by! This was a very fun project to do

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely FANTASTIC Lydia! I just love it, and thank you for sharing the link for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete

I'm always tickled when you leave me a comment or two :)

Estoy aprendiendo Español, pero no soy perfecta! Por favor, me corrija cuando se ve unos errores :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...